New Delhi to Amritsar by bus, train, flight, taxi from INR 160
From New Delhi to Amritsar by Trains
From Hazrat Nizamuddin to Amritsar by Trains
From Delhi to Amritsar by Trains
From Delhi Shahdara JN to Amritsar by Trains
From Delhi to Amritsar by Buses
From Indira Gandhi Airport to Amritsar by Flights
From Delhi Airport to Amritsar by Taxis
From Delhi Hotel Transfer to Amritsar by Taxis
How to get from New Delhi to Amritsar
When you want to get from New Delhi to Amritsar, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about INR 23,155. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a flight as a flight ticket costs as low as INR 160.
How far is New Delhi from Amritsar?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from New Delhi to Amritsar. Your trip will be a total of 287 miles (461 km). The flying distance is 263 miles (423 km).
How long does it take to get from New Delhi to Amritsar?
The travel time from New Delhi to Amritsar can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 26 hours.
How much does it cost to get from New Delhi to Amritsar?
The cost of the trip from New Delhi to Amritsar varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Air Vistara (Air Vistara): travelling by flight expect to pay as low as INR 160 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as INR 23,155.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from New Delhi to Amritsar:
- Plane tickets - INR 160 to INR 7,914;
- Train tickets - INR 598 to INR 2,498;
- Bus tickets - INR 693 to INR 1,270;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from INR 16,875 to INR 23,155.
How many trips per day are there between New Delhi and Amritsar?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 58 trains per day.
- Flights from Delhi to Amritsar depart during the day - there are approximately 24 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 13:45 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:35. There are 6 available bus trips every day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Delhi to Amritsar any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Delhi to Amritsar. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is INR 160.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Delhi to Amritsar
Air India (Air India), Air Vistara (Air Vistara), IndiGo (IndiGo), Jet Airways (Jet Airways)
Taking a bus from Delhi to Amritsar is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Delhi to Amritsar. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as INR 16,875.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from New Delhi to Amritsar
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from New Delhi to Amritsar? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 871 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 71 decided to go for a bus.
- 58 users took a plane.