From Nagoya to Kyoto by train
From Nagoya City to Kyoto by bus
How to get from Nagoya to Kyoto
When you want to get from Nagoya to Kyoto, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Train. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A train ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about JPY 8,490. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as JPY 1,440.
How far is Nagoya from Kyoto?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Nagoya to Kyoto. Your trip will be a total of 161 miles (259 km). The flying distance is 80 miles (128 km).
How long does it take to get from Nagoya to Kyoto?
The travel time from Nagoya to Kyoto can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 6 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Nagoya to Kyoto?
The cost of the trip from Nagoya to Kyoto varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Osaka Bus ZOS2: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as JPY 1,440 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a train - a one-way train ticket can cost as much as JPY 8,490.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Nagoya to Kyoto:
- Bus tickets - JPY 1,440 to JPY 3,990;
- Train tickets - JPY 8,490 to JPY 8,490;
How many trips per day are there between Nagoya and Kyoto?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 12 trains per day.
- Buses start plying the route from 00:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 19:30. There are 9 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Nagoya to Kyoto is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Nagoya to Kyoto
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Nagoya to Kyoto? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 50% decided to go for a bus.
- 50% users enjoyed a train ride.