From Mawlamyine to Yangon by bus
Mawlamyine to Yangon destination reviews
How to get from Mawlamyine to Yangon
When you want to get from Mawlamyine to Yangon, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MMK 174,446. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as MMK 11,738.
How far is Mawlamyine from Yangon?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Mawlamyine to Yangon. Your trip will be a total of 218 miles (350 km). The flying distance is 107 miles (172 km).
How long does it take to get from Mawlamyine to Yangon?
The travel time from Mawlamyine to Yangon can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 7 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Mawlamyine to Yangon?
The cost of the trip from Mawlamyine to Yangon varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Elite Express: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as MMK 11,738 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as MMK 174,446.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Mawlamyine to Yangon:
- Bus tickets - MMK 11,738 to MMK 17,608;
- Plane tickets - MMK 174,446 to MMK 174,446;
How many trips per day are there between Mawlamyine and Yangon?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 08:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 21:00. There are 6 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Mawlamyine to Yangon depart during the day - there are approximately 2 departures a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Mawlamyine to Yangon. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is MMK 174,446.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Mawlamyine to Yangon
Myanmar National Airlines
Taking a bus from Mawlamyine to Yangon is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Mawlamyine to Yangon
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Mawlamyine to Yangon? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 91% decided to go for a bus.
- 10% users took a plane.