From Beliatta to Colombo by train
From Matara to Colombo by train
From Weligama to Colombo by train
From Mattala Rajapaksa Airport (HRI) to Western Province (CMB) by flight
How to get from Matara to Colombo Fort
When you want to get from Matara to Colombo Fort, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Train. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train+taxi ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A train ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about LKR 3,475. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a train+taxi as a train+taxi ticket costs as low as LKR 3,275.
How far is Matara from Colombo Fort?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Matara to Colombo Fort. Your trip will be a total of 96 miles (154 km). The flying distance is 84 miles (134 km).
How long does it take to get from Matara to Colombo Fort?
The travel time from Matara to Colombo Fort can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 3 to 4 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Matara to Colombo Fort?
The cost of the trip from Matara to Colombo Fort varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Sri Lanka Railways: travelling by train+taxi expect to pay as low as LKR 3,275 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a train - a one-way train ticket can cost as much as LKR 3,475.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Matara to Colombo Fort:
- charter+train price: LKR 3,275 - LKR 3,275. From Matara to Colombo starting from 06:30 Weligama until 06:30 Weligama
- train+charter price: LKR 3,275 - LKR 3,275. From Matara to Colombo starting from 06:10 Matara until 06:10 Matara
- Train tickets - LKR 3,475 to LKR 3,475;
- Plane tickets - LKR 38,546 to LKR 46,953;
How many trips per day are there between Matara and Colombo Fort?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Matara to Colombo depart during the day - there are approximately 6 departures a day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 2 trains per day.
- 1 by charter+train from Matara to Colombo starting from 06:30 Weligama until 06:30 Weligama
- 1 by train+charter from Matara to Colombo starting from 06:10 Matara until 06:10 Matara
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Matara to Colombo. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is LKR 38,546.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Matara to Colombo
Cinnamon Air, Srilankan Airlines
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Matara to Colombo Fort
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Matara to Colombo Fort? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 100% chosen train+charter