From Mandalay Central to Bagan by train
From Mandalay Airport (MDL) to Bagan by flight
From Mandalay International Airport to Bagan by flight
How to get from Mandalay to Bagan
When you want to get from Mandalay to Bagan, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MMK 106,526. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a train as a train ticket costs as low as MMK 13,206.
How far is Mandalay from Bagan?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Mandalay to Bagan. Your trip will be a total of 249 miles (400 km). The flying distance is 95 miles (152 km).
How long does it take to get from Mandalay to Bagan?
The travel time from Mandalay to Bagan can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 8 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Mandalay to Bagan?
The cost of the trip from Mandalay to Bagan varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Myanmar Railways (Myanmar Railways): travelling by train expect to pay as low as MMK 13,206 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as MMK 106,526.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Mandalay to Bagan:
- Train tickets - MMK 13,206 to MMK 19,075;
- charter+bus price: MMK 17,608 - MMK 17,608. From Mandalay to Bagan starting from 08:00 Mandalay OK until 17:00 Mandalay OK
- Plane tickets - MMK 99,006 to MMK 106,526;
How many trips per day are there between Mandalay and Bagan?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Mandalay to Bagan depart during the day - there are approximately 4 departures a day.
- 3 by charter+bus from Mandalay to Bagan starting from 08:00 Mandalay OK until 17:00 Mandalay OK
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 2 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Mandalay to Bagan. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is MMK 99,006.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Mandalay to Bagan
Air KBZ, Myanmar Airways Intl, Myanmar National Airlines
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Mandalay to Bagan
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Mandalay to Bagan? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 55% users enjoyed a train ride.
- 42% chosen charter+bus
- 3% users took a plane.