From Luang Prabang Southern Station to Vientiane by bus
From Naluang Bus Station to Vientiane by van
Luang Prabang to Vientiane destination reviews
How to get from Luang Prabang to Vientiane
When you want to get from Luang Prabang to Vientiane, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Van. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi+van ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about LAK 230,472. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as LAK 172,772.
How far is Luang Prabang from Vientiane?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Luang Prabang to Vientiane. Your trip will be a total of 311 miles (500 km). The flying distance is 147 miles (235 km).
How long does it take to get from Luang Prabang to Vientiane?
The travel time from Luang Prabang to Vientiane can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 8 to 10 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Luang Prabang to Vientiane?
The cost of the trip from Luang Prabang to Vientiane varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Vieng Chaleune (เวียงเจริญ): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as LAK 172,772 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi+van - a one-way taxi+van ticket can cost as much as LAK 230,472.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Luang Prabang to Vientiane:
- Bus tickets - LAK 172,772 to LAK 194,921;
- Van price : LAK 210,050 - LAK 210,050;
- charter+van price: LAK 230,472 - LAK 230,472. From Luang Prabang to Vientiane starting from 08:30 Luang Prabang any hotel until 16:00 Luang Prabang any hotel
How many trips per day are there between Luang Prabang and Vientiane?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Vans from Luang Prabang to Vientiane depart during the day - there are approximately 3 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 08:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 20:00. There are 2 available bus trips every day.
- 2 by charter+van from Luang Prabang to Vientiane starting from 08:30 Luang Prabang any hotel until 16:00 Luang Prabang any hotel
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Luang Prabang to Vientiane is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
A shared van is another means of transport for travelling from Luang Prabang to Vientiane. As far as travel time is concerned, it’s basically equal to a taxi ride, while price-wise it’s way more affordable. The majority of tourists book a van online in advance.
Sometimes, when trains or buses aren’t available, a van is your only way to get from Luang Prabang to Vientiane.
Things to remember: while travelling by van, you might not have as much space for luggage as you would on a train or a plane. It’s a good idea to pack only the most useful things for a van trip and put them in a backpack that will be easy to carry around.
The most popular transport from Luang Prabang to Vientiane
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Luang Prabang to Vientiane? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 575 decided to go for a bus.
- 341 opted for a van.
- 84 chosen charter+van