From Senggigi pier to Gili Islands by ferry
From Bangsal to Lombok by bus
From Mataram to Gili Islands by bus+ferry joint ticket
From Mataram to Lombok by bus
From Senggigi to Gili Islands by bus+ferry joint ticket
From Senggigi to Lombok by bus
From Tetebatu to Lombok by bus
How to get from Lombok to Gili Trawangan
When you want to get from Lombok to Gili Trawangan, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Bus. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus+ferry ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about IDR 936,727. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as IDR 25,004.
How far is Lombok from Gili Trawangan?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Lombok to Gili Trawangan. Your trip will be a total of 78 miles (125 km). The flying distance is 23 miles (37 km).
How long does it take to get from Lombok to Gili Trawangan?
The travel time from Lombok to Gili Trawangan can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 3 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Lombok to Gili Trawangan?
The cost of the trip from Lombok to Gili Trawangan varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Perama Tour: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as IDR 25,004 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as IDR 936,727.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Lombok to Gili Trawangan:
- Bus tickets - IDR 25,004 to IDR 137,504;
- Bus+ferry price: IDR 168,752 - IDR 168,752. From Lombok to Gili Trawangan starting from 07:30 Mataram until 08:00 Senggigi
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from IDR 510,864 to IDR 936,727.
How many trips per day are there between Lombok and Gili Trawangan?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 07:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 10:00. There are 5 available bus trips every day.
- 2 by Bus+ferry from Lombok to Gili Trawangan starting from 07:30 Mataram until 08:00 Senggigi
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Lombok to Gili Trawangan any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Lombok to Gili Trawangan is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Lombok to Gili Trawangan. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as IDR 510,864.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
The most popular transport from Lombok to Gili Trawangan
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Lombok to Gili Trawangan? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 100% decided to go for a bus.