From TBS Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai by bus
From Hentian Duta to Hat Yai by bus
How to get from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai
When you want to get from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MYR 142.80. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as MYR 72.94.
How far is Kuala Lumpur from Hat Yai?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai. Your trip will be a total of 270 miles (434 km). The flying distance is 285 miles (458 km).
How long does it take to get from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai?
The travel time from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 9 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai?
The cost of the trip from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Sri Maju Group: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as MYR 72.94 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as MYR 142.80.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai:
- Bus tickets - MYR 73.00 to MYR 112.00;
- Plane tickets - MYR 132.00 to MYR 143.00;
How many trips per day are there between Kuala Lumpur and Hat Yai?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 08:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:59. There are 11 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai depart during the day - there are approximately 2 departures a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is MYR 132.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai
Thai AirAsia (แอร์เอเชีย)
Taking a bus from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 82% decided to go for a bus.
- 18% users took a plane.