From Kolkata to West Bengal by bus
From Howrah Jn to Digha by train
Train departures and arrivals in India sometimes may be delayed. Please do not plan connection flights based on this info.
Passenger reviews out of total 0 passengers who traveled with us on this route.
At 12Go our operators offer three types of service:
Cheap, Fast, Good - but you can usually pick only two of them!
Cheap & Fast won’t be Good. (e.g. buses from/to Khao San Road, local buses or 3rd class trains)
Cheap & Good won’t be Fast. (e.g. VIP trains in Thailand)
Fast & Good won’t be Cheap. (e.g. private limousine services, or VIP24 buses vs Express buses)
Make your choice! Please remember that while we are closely monitoring the services, we are still an agency marketplace. That means we focus on ticketing services and route availability & coverage rather than on the factual seat reclining angle you will get on the bus today.
How to get from Kolkata to Digha
When you want to get from Kolkata to Digha, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Train. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A train ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about INR 1,448. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as INR 361.
How far is Kolkata from Digha?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Kolkata to Digha. Your trip will be a total of 143 miles (230 km). The flying distance is 89 miles (142 km).
How long does it take to get from Kolkata to Digha?
The travel time from Kolkata to Digha can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 4 to 5 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Kolkata to Digha?
The cost of the trip from Kolkata to Digha varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Das Travels: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as INR 361 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a train - a one-way train ticket can cost as much as INR 1,448.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Kolkata to Digha:
- Bus tickets - INR 361 to INR 418;
- Train tickets - INR 513 to INR 1,448;
- Plane tickets - INR 3,851 to INR 14,352;
How many trips per day are there between Kolkata and Digha?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 05:59 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:50. There are 12 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Kolkata to West Bengal depart during the day - there are approximately 11 departures a day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 6 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Kolkata to West Bengal. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is INR 3,851.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Kolkata to West Bengal
Air India (Air India), Go Air (GoAir), IndiGo (IndiGo), Jet Airways (Jet Airways), SpiceJet (SpiceJet)
Taking a bus from Kolkata to West Bengal is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Kolkata to Digha
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Kolkata to Digha? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 1000 users enjoyed a train ride.