From Maenam hotel transfer to Bangkok by van+ferry+bus joint ticket
From Na Thon Koh Samui to Bangkok by ferry+bus joint ticket
From Lipa Noi Koh Samui to Bangkok by ferry+bus joint ticket
From Maenam Samui to Bangkok by ferry+bus joint ticket
From Na Thon Koh Samui to Bangkok by ferry+bus+train joint ticket
From Koh Samui any hotel to Don Mueang Airport by taxi+ferry+bus+flight joint ticket
From Koh Samui any hotel to Bangkok by taxi+ferry+bus joint ticket
From Matapon Pier to Bangkok by taxi
From Koh Samui Airport to Bangkok by flight
Passenger reviews out of total 20,186 passengers who traveled with us on this route.
At 12Go our operators offer three types of service:
Cheap, Fast, Good - but you can usually pick only two of them!
Cheap & Fast won’t be Good. (e.g. buses from/to Khao San Road, local buses or 3rd class trains)
Cheap & Good won’t be Fast. (e.g. VIP trains in Thailand)
Fast & Good won’t be Cheap. (e.g. private limousine services, or VIP24 buses vs Express buses)
Make your choice! Please remember that while we are closely monitoring the services, we are still an agency marketplace. That means we focus on ticketing services and route availability & coverage rather than on the factual seat reclining angle you will get on the bus today.
How to get from Koh Samui to Bangkok
When you want to get from Koh Samui to Bangkok, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Taxi+ferry+bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 8,250. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a ferry+bus as a ferry+bus ticket costs as low as THB 750.
How far is Koh Samui from Bangkok?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Koh Samui to Bangkok. Your trip will be a total of 529 miles (850 km). The flying distance is 296 miles (476 km).
How long does it take to get from Koh Samui to Bangkok?
The travel time from Koh Samui to Bangkok can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 17 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Koh Samui to Bangkok?
The cost of the trip from Koh Samui to Bangkok varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Songserm (ส่งเสริม): travelling by ferry+bus expect to pay as low as THB 750 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as THB 8,250.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Koh Samui to Bangkok:
- ferry+bus price: THB 750 - THB 1,400. From Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 08:00 Maenam Samui until 19:30 Lipa Noi Koh Samui
- charter+ferry+bus price: THB 1,050 - THB 1,050. From Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 16:00 Koh Samui any hotel until 16:00 Koh Samui any hotel
- van+ferry+bus price: THB 1,550 - THB 1,550. From Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 06:30 Maenam hotel transfer until 10:30 Maenam hotel transfer
- ferry+bus+train price: THB 1,758 - THB 2,289. From Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 12:45 Na Thon Koh Samui until 12:45 Na Thon Koh Samui
- charter+ferry+bus+avia price: THB 2,249 - THB 2,249. From Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 06:30 Koh Samui any hotel until 06:30 Koh Samui any hotel
- Plane tickets - THB 4,850 to THB 8,045;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from THB 8,250 to THB 8,250.
How many trips per day are there between Koh Samui and Bangkok?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Koh Samui to Bangkok depart during the day - there are approximately 51 departures a day.
- 4 by ferry+bus from Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 08:00 Maenam Samui until 19:30 Lipa Noi Koh Samui
- 4 by ferry+bus+train from Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 12:45 Na Thon Koh Samui until 12:45 Na Thon Koh Samui
- 2 by charter+ferry+bus+avia from Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 06:30 Koh Samui any hotel until 06:30 Koh Samui any hotel
- 2 by van+ferry+bus from Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 06:30 Maenam hotel transfer until 10:30 Maenam hotel transfer
- 1 by charter+ferry+bus from Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 16:00 Koh Samui any hotel until 16:00 Koh Samui any hotel
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Koh Samui to Bangkok any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Koh Samui to Bangkok. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 4,850.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Koh Samui to Bangkok
Bangkok Air (บางกอกแอร์เวย์), Thai Airways
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Koh Samui to Bangkok. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as THB 8,250.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
The most popular transport from Koh Samui to Bangkok
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Koh Samui to Bangkok? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 500 chosen ferry+bus
- 433 chosen ferry+bus+train
- 35 chosen charter+ferry+bus+avia
- 29 users took a plane.
- 8 chosen charter+ferry+bus
- 3 chosen van+ferry+bus