Kathmandu to Delhi
From Kathmandu to Delhi by Buses
From Kalanki Bus Stop to Delhi by Buses
From Koteshwor to Delhi by Buses
From Maitighar to Delhi by Buses
From Tribhuvan Airport to Delhi by Flights
Transport types between Kathmandu and Delhi
- Flights are not avaliable
- Trains are not avaliable
- Buses are not avaliable
- Ferries are not avaliable
- Taxis are not avaliable
- Vans are not avaliable
How to get from Kathmandu to Delhi
When you want to get from Kathmandu to Delhi, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about USD 4,831.41. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as USD 33.84.
How far is Kathmandu from Delhi?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Kathmandu to Delhi. Your trip will be a total of 703 miles (1130 km). The flying distance is 572 miles (919 km).
How long does it take to get from Kathmandu to Delhi?
The travel time from Kathmandu to Delhi can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 28 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Kathmandu to Delhi?
The cost of the trip from Kathmandu to Delhi varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Manjushree AS: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as USD 33.84 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as USD 4,831.41.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Kathmandu to Delhi:
- Bus tickets - USD 33.84 to USD 33.84;
- Plane tickets - USD 96.66 to USD 4,831.41;
How many trips per day are there between Kathmandu and Delhi?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Kathmandu to Delhi depart during the day - there are approximately 8 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 09:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 09:00. There are 4 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Kathmandu to Delhi. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is USD 96.66.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Kathmandu to Delhi
Air India (Air India), IndiGo (IndiGo), Royal Nepal Airlines
Taking a bus from Kathmandu to Delhi is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Kathmandu to Delhi
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Kathmandu to Delhi? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 60% users took a plane.
- 40% decided to go for a bus.