From Johor Bahru to Tumpat by Trains
From Larkin Bus Terminal to Tumpat by Buses
How to get from Johor Bahru to Tumpat
When you want to get from Johor Bahru to Tumpat, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MYR 553.39. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a train as a train ticket costs as low as MYR 47.63.
How far is Johor Bahru from Tumpat?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Johor Bahru to Tumpat. Your trip will be a total of 537 miles (864 km). The flying distance is 346 miles (556 km).
How long does it take to get from Johor Bahru to Tumpat?
The travel time from Johor Bahru to Tumpat can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 8 to 18 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Johor Bahru to Tumpat?
The cost of the trip from Johor Bahru to Tumpat varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is KTM: travelling by train expect to pay as low as MYR 47.63 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as MYR 553.39.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Johor Bahru to Tumpat:
- Train tickets - MYR 48.51 to MYR 48.51;
- Bus tickets - MYR 69.74 to MYR 69.74;
- Plane tickets - MYR 554.87 to MYR 554.87;
How many trips per day are there between Johor Bahru and Tumpat?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Johor Bahru to Kelantan depart during the day - there are approximately 12 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 09:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 22:00. There are 4 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 4 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Johor Bahru to Kelantan. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is MYR 554.87.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Johor Bahru to Kelantan
Taking a bus from Johor Bahru to Kelantan is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Johor Bahru to Tumpat
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Johor Bahru to Tumpat? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 977 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 23 decided to go for a bus.
- users took a plane.