From Kampung Rambutan to Semaranag by bus
From Kampung Rambutan to Semarang by bus
From Terminal Grogol to Semaranag by bus
From Terminal Lebak Bulus to Semaranag by bus
From Pondok Pinang to Semarang by bus
From Pulo Gebang to Semaranag by bus
From Pulo Gebang to Semarang by bus
From Terminal Kali Deres to Semaranag by bus
From Soekarno Hatta Airport to Central Java by flight
How to get from Jakarta to Semarang
When you want to get from Jakarta to Semarang, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about IDR 660,307. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as IDR 170,504.
How far is Jakarta from Semarang?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Jakarta to Semarang. Your trip will be a total of 935 miles (1504 km). The flying distance is 257 miles (413 km).
How long does it take to get from Jakarta to Semarang?
The travel time from Jakarta to Semarang can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 31 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Jakarta to Semarang?
The cost of the trip from Jakarta to Semarang varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Sido Rukun: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as IDR 170,504 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as IDR 660,307.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Jakarta to Semarang:
- Bus tickets - IDR 170,504 to IDR 277,697;
- Plane tickets - IDR 491,768 to IDR 660,307;
How many trips per day are there between Jakarta and Semarang?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Jakarta to Semarang depart during the day - there are approximately 18 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 11:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 21:00. There are 18 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Jakarta to Semarang. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is IDR 491,768.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Jakarta to Semarang
Batik Air Indonesia, Citilink, Lion Air
Taking a bus from Jakarta to Semarang is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Jakarta to Semarang
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Jakarta to Semarang? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 500 users took a plane.
- 500 decided to go for a bus.