Jakarta to Bali by bus, flight from IDR 522,500
From Pulo Gebang to Bali by Buses
From Pondok Pinang to Bali by Buses
From Soekarno Hatta Airport to Bali by Flights
Transport types between Jakarta and Bali
Jakarta to Bali destination reviews
How to get from Jakarta to Bali
When you want to get from Jakarta to Bali, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about IDR 2,379,414. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as IDR 522,500.
How far is Jakarta from Bali?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Jakarta to Bali. Your trip will be a total of 772 miles (1242 km). The flying distance is 602 miles (968 km).
How long does it take to get from Jakarta to Bali?
The travel time from Jakarta to Bali can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 25 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Jakarta to Bali?
The cost of the trip from Jakarta to Bali varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Tiara Mas: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as IDR 522,500 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as IDR 2,379,414.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Jakarta to Bali:
- Bus tickets - IDR 522,500 to IDR 553,310;
- Plane tickets - IDR 598,676 to IDR 2,379,414;
How many trips per day are there between Jakarta and Bali?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Jakarta to Bali depart during the day - there are approximately 84 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 13:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 17:00. There are 4 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Jakarta to Bali. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is IDR 598,676.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Jakarta to Bali
Batik Air Indonesia, Citilink, Garuda Indonesia, Indonesia AirAsia, Indonesia AirAsia Extra, Lion Air, Malindo Air, Sriwijaya Air
Taking a bus from Jakarta to Bali is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Jakarta to Bali
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Jakarta to Bali? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 939 users took a plane.
- 61 decided to go for a bus.