Hue to Dong Hoi by bus, train
From Phia Nam Hue Bus Station to Dong Hoi by bus
From Hue to Dong Hoi by train
Hue to Dong Hoi destination reviews
How to get from Hue to Dong Hoi
When you want to get from Hue to Dong Hoi, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Train. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A train ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about VND 591,000. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a train as a train ticket costs as low as VND 189,006.
How far is Hue from Dong Hoi?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Hue to Dong Hoi. Your trip will be a total of 171 miles (275 km). The flying distance is 107 miles (171 km).
How long does it take to get from Hue to Dong Hoi?
The travel time from Hue to Dong Hoi can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 4 to 6 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Hue to Dong Hoi?
The cost of the trip from Hue to Dong Hoi varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Vietnam Railways (Đường Sắt Việt Nam): travelling by train expect to pay as low as VND 189,006 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a train - a one-way train ticket can cost as much as VND 591,000.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Hue to Dong Hoi:
- Train tickets - VND 189,006 to VND 591,000;
- Bus tickets - VND 198,004 to VND 198,004;
How many trips per day are there between Hue and Dong Hoi?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 19 trains per day.
- Buses start plying the route from 05:48 - you can also take a bus as late as 18:54. There are 7 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Hue to Dong Hoi is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Hue to Dong Hoi
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Hue to Dong Hoi? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 997 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 3 decided to go for a bus.