From Mien Dong to Hue by Buses
From Ho Chi Minh Hanh Cafe to Hue by Buses
From Ho Chi Minh City to Hue by Trains
From Ho Chi Minh Airport to Hue by Flights
From Di An to Hue by Trains
How to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Hue
When you want to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Hue, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about VND 4,019,676. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as VND 468,003.
How far is Ho Chi Minh City from Hue?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Ho Chi Minh City to Hue. Your trip will be a total of 744 miles (1196 km). The flying distance is 398 miles (639 km).
How long does it take to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Hue?
The travel time from Ho Chi Minh City to Hue can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 24 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Hue?
The cost of the trip from Ho Chi Minh City to Hue varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Phuong Trang (Phương Trang): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as VND 468,003 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as VND 4,019,676.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Ho Chi Minh City to Hue:
- Bus tickets - VND 468,003 to VND 506,008;
- Plane tickets - VND 559,892 to VND 4,019,676;
- Train tickets - VND 707,001 to VND 2,332,005;
How many trips per day are there between Ho Chi Minh City and Hue?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Ho Chi Minh to Hue depart during the day - there are approximately 61 departures a day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 19 trains per day.
- Buses start plying the route from 07:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 18:30. There are 6 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Ho Chi Minh to Hue. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is VND 559,892.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Ho Chi Minh to Hue
Jetstar Pacific (แปซิฟิค แิอร์ไลน์), VietJet Air, Vietnam Airlines (เวียดนาม แิอร์ไลน์)
Taking a bus from Ho Chi Minh to Hue is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Ho Chi Minh City to Hue
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Hue? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 985 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 13 users took a plane.
- 2 decided to go for a bus.