From Ho Chi Minh Airport (SGN) to Phnom Penh (PNH) by flight
From Ho Chi Minh Kumho 4 to Phnom Penh by bus
From Ho Chi Minh Giant Ibis to Phnom Penh by bus
Ho Chi Minh Airport (SGN) to Phnom Penh Airport (PNH) destination reviews
How to get from Ho Chi Minh Airport to Phnom Penh Airport
When you want to get from Ho Chi Minh Airport to Phnom Penh Airport, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about VND 4,763,330. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as VND 280,854.
How far is Ho Chi Minh Airport from Phnom Penh Airport?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Ho Chi Minh Airport to Phnom Penh Airport. Your trip will be a total of 150 miles (241 km). The flying distance is 135 miles (217 km).
How long does it take to get from Ho Chi Minh Airport to Phnom Penh Airport?
The travel time from Ho Chi Minh Airport to Phnom Penh Airport can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 12 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Ho Chi Minh Airport to Phnom Penh Airport?
The cost of the trip from Ho Chi Minh Airport to Phnom Penh Airport varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Virak Buntham Express: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as VND 280,854 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as VND 4,763,330.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Ho Chi Minh Airport to Phnom Penh Airport:
- Bus tickets - VND 280,854 to VND 417,108;
- Plane tickets - VND 2,945,120 to VND 4,763,330;
How many trips per day are there between Ho Chi Minh Airport and Phnom Penh Airport?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh depart during the day - there are approximately 6 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 00:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 09:45. There are 3 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is VND 2,945,120.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh
Cambodia Angkor Air, Qatar Airways, Vietnam Airlines (เวียดนาม แิอร์ไลน์)
Taking a bus from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Ho Chi Minh Airport to Phnom Penh Airport
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Ho Chi Minh Airport to Phnom Penh Airport? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 99% decided to go for a bus.
- 1% users took a plane.