From Hanoi to Sapa by train
From Gia Lam to Sapa by train
Hanoi to Sapa Lao Cai destination reviews
How to get from Hanoi to Sapa Lao Cai
When you want to get from Hanoi to Sapa Lao Cai, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Taxi. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train+taxi ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about VND 6,719,998. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as VND 249,998.
How far is Hanoi from Sapa Lao Cai?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Hanoi to Sapa Lao Cai. Your trip will be a total of 283 miles (454 km). The flying distance is 161 miles (258 km).
How long does it take to get from Hanoi to Sapa Lao Cai?
The travel time from Hanoi to Sapa Lao Cai can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 4 to 10 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Hanoi to Sapa Lao Cai?
The cost of the trip from Hanoi to Sapa Lao Cai varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Sapa Dragon Express (Sapa Dragon Express): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as VND 249,998 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as VND 6,719,998.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Hanoi to Sapa Lao Cai:
- Bus tickets - VND 249,998 to VND 414,006;
- Van price : VND 420,000 - VND 460,002;
- Train tickets - VND 480,006 to VND 3,815,999;
- train+charter price: VND 1,540,005 - VND 2,570,003. From Hanoi to Sapa starting from 21:35 Hanoi until 22:00 Hanoi
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from VND 3,700,003 to VND 6,719,998.
How many trips per day are there between Hanoi and Sapa Lao Cai?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 23 trains per day.
- Buses start plying the route from 06:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 22:00. There are 14 available bus trips every day.
- 6 by train+charter from Hanoi to Sapa starting from 21:35 Hanoi until 22:00 Hanoi
- Vans from Hanoi to Sapa depart during the day - there are approximately 6 departures a day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Hanoi to Sapa any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Hanoi to Sapa is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Hanoi to Sapa. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as VND 3,700,003.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
A shared van is another means of transport for travelling from Hanoi to Sapa. As far as travel time is concerned, it’s basically equal to a taxi ride, while price-wise it’s way more affordable. The majority of tourists book a van online in advance.
Sometimes, when trains or buses aren’t available, a van is your only way to get from Hanoi to Sapa.
Things to remember: while travelling by van, you might not have as much space for luggage as you would on a train or a plane. It’s a good idea to pack only the most useful things for a van trip and put them in a backpack that will be easy to carry around.
The most popular transport from Hanoi to Sapa Lao Cai
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Hanoi to Sapa Lao Cai? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 998 chosen train+charter
- 1 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 1 opted for a van.
- decided to go for a bus.
- decided to catch a taxi.