Hanoi to Phong Nha SSB by bus, train, flight
From Ha Noi Full Moon Party Tour to Phong Nha by bus
From Hanoi to Quang Binh by train
From Noibai Airport to Quang Binh by flight
Hanoi to Phong Nha SSB destination reviews
How to get from Hanoi to Phong Nha SSB
When you want to get from Hanoi to Phong Nha SSB, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about VND 2,863,334. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as VND 330,007.
How far is Hanoi from Phong Nha SSB?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Hanoi to Phong Nha SSB. Your trip will be a total of 332 miles (534 km). The flying distance is 243 miles (390 km).
How long does it take to get from Hanoi to Phong Nha SSB?
The travel time from Hanoi to Phong Nha SSB can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 11 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Hanoi to Phong Nha SSB?
The cost of the trip from Hanoi to Phong Nha SSB varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Grouptour (Công ty du lịch quốc tế Grouptour): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as VND 330,007 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as VND 2,863,334.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Hanoi to Phong Nha SSB:
- Bus tickets - VND 330,007 to VND 336,528;
- Train tickets - VND 456,000 to VND 771,007;
- Plane tickets - VND 688,332 to VND 2,863,334;
How many trips per day are there between Hanoi and Phong Nha SSB?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Hanoi to Phong Nha depart during the day - there are approximately 6 departures a day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 3 trains per day.
- Buses start plying the route from 17:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 18:30. There are 2 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Hanoi to Phong Nha. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is VND 688,332.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Hanoi to Phong Nha
VietJet Air, Vietnam Airlines (เวียดนาม แิอร์ไลน์)
Taking a bus from Hanoi to Phong Nha is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Hanoi to Phong Nha SSB
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Hanoi to Phong Nha SSB? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 977 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 20 decided to go for a bus.
- 3 users took a plane.