From Hamilton Airport NZ (HLZ) to Auckland (AKL) by flight
How to get from Hamilton Station to Auckland
When you want to get from Hamilton Station to Auckland, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Taxi. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about NZD 145.00. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a taxi as a taxi ticket costs as low as NZD 75.00.
How far is Hamilton Station from Auckland?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Hamilton Station to Auckland. Your trip will be a total of 92 miles (148 km). The flying distance is 71 miles (114 km).
How long does it take to get from Hamilton Station to Auckland?
The travel time from Hamilton Station to Auckland can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 4 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Hamilton Station to Auckland?
The cost of the trip from Hamilton Station to Auckland varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is TT Shuttles: travelling by taxi expect to pay as low as NZD 75.00 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as NZD 145.00.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Hamilton Station to Auckland:
- Bus tickets - NZD 14.00 to NZD 111.00;
- Train tickets - NZD 79.00 to NZD 79.00;
- Plane tickets - NZD 450.00 to NZD 597.00;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from NZD 75.00 to NZD 145.00.
How many trips per day are there between Hamilton Station and Auckland?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 04:10 - you can also take a bus as late as 19:40. There are 62 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 2 trains per day.
- Flights from Waikato to Auckland depart during the day - there are approximately 1 departures a day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Waikato to Auckland any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Waikato to Auckland. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is NZD 450.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Waikato to Auckland
Air New Zealand
Taking a bus from Waikato to Auckland is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Waikato to Auckland. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as NZD 75.00.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Hamilton Station to Auckland
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Hamilton Station to Auckland? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 100% decided to go for a bus.