From Guangzhou South to Hong Kong by train
From Guangzhou Lido Hotel to Hong Kong by bus
From Guangzhou Hotel to Hong Kong by bus
From Teemall to Hong Kong by bus
From Guangzhou Baiyun Airport to Hong Kong by flight
How to get from Guangzhou to Hong Kong
When you want to get from Guangzhou to Hong Kong, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Train. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about CNY 1,612. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as CNY 102.
How far is Guangzhou from Hong Kong?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Guangzhou to Hong Kong. Your trip will be a total of 78 miles (125 km). The flying distance is 84 miles (134 km).
How long does it take to get from Guangzhou to Hong Kong?
The travel time from Guangzhou to Hong Kong can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 3 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Guangzhou to Hong Kong?
The cost of the trip from Guangzhou to Hong Kong varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Chinalink: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as CNY 102 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as CNY 1,612.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Guangzhou to Hong Kong:
- Bus tickets - CNY 102 to CNY 251;
- Train tickets - CNY 246 to CNY 413;
- Plane tickets - CNY 1,524 to CNY 1,612;
How many trips per day are there between Guangzhou and Hong Kong?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 06:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 18:15. There are 40 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 12 trains per day.
- Flights from Guangzhou to Hong Kong depart during the day - there are approximately 6 departures a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Guangzhou to Hong Kong. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is CNY 1,524.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Guangzhou to Hong Kong
Cathay Dragon, Cathay Pacific
Taking a bus from Guangzhou to Hong Kong is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Guangzhou to Hong Kong
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Guangzhou to Hong Kong? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 1000 decided to go for a bus.