From Galle Any Hotel to Matara by taxi
From Galle to Weligama by train
How to get from Galle to Mirissa
When you want to get from Galle to Mirissa, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Taxi. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Taxi+flight ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi+flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about LKR 19,159. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a taxi as a taxi ticket costs as low as LKR 7,528.
How far is Galle from Mirissa?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Galle to Mirissa. Your trip will be a total of 53 miles (84 km). The flying distance is 18 miles (28 km).
How long does it take to get from Galle to Mirissa?
The travel time from Galle to Mirissa can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 2 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Galle to Mirissa?
The cost of the trip from Galle to Mirissa varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Stef Lanka Tours: travelling by taxi expect to pay as low as LKR 7,528 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi+flight - a one-way taxi+flight ticket can cost as much as LKR 19,159.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Galle to Mirissa:
- Bus tickets - LKR 3,734 to LKR 3,734;
- taxi+flight price: LKR 13,656 - LKR 19,159. From Galle to Matara starting from 00:00 Galle until 00:00 Galle
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from LKR 7,528 to LKR 8,688.
How many trips per day are there between Galle and Mirissa?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- 5 by taxi+flight from Galle to Matara starting from 00:00 Galle until 00:00 Galle
- Buses start plying the route from 08:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 08:00. There are 1 available bus trips every day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Galle to Matara any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Galle to Matara is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Galle to Matara. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as LKR 7,528.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
The most popular transport from Galle to Mirissa
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Galle to Mirissa? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 100% decided to go for a bus.