From Galle to Kandy by train+train joint ticket
From Galle to Kandy by taxi
How to get from Galle to Kandy
When you want to get from Galle to Kandy, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Taxi. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about LKR 37,162. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as LKR 3,594.
How far is Galle from Kandy?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Galle to Kandy. Your trip will be a total of 138 miles (222 km). The flying distance is 92 miles (148 km).
How long does it take to get from Galle to Kandy?
The travel time from Galle to Kandy can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 5 to 12 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Galle to Kandy?
The cost of the trip from Galle to Kandy varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Browns Tours: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as LKR 3,594 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as LKR 37,162.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Galle to Kandy:
- Bus tickets - LKR 3,594 to LKR 3,594;
- train price: LKR 6,689 - LKR 6,689. From Galle to Kandy starting from 07:14 Galle until 07:14 Galle
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from LKR 21,349 to LKR 37,162.
How many trips per day are there between Galle and Kandy?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- 2 by train from Galle to Kandy starting from 07:14 Galle until 07:14 Galle
- Buses start plying the route from 08:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 08:00. There are 1 available bus trips every day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Galle to Kandy any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Galle to Kandy is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Galle to Kandy. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as LKR 21,349.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
The most popular transport from Galle to Kandy
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Galle to Kandy? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 951 chosen train
- 49 decided to go for a bus.