From Ekkamai to Trat by bus
From Khao San Travel Mart to Koh Chang by van
From Khaosan Rd Travel Mart to Trat by bus
From Khaosan Rd Travel Mart to Trat by bus+taxi joint ticket
From Khao San Mama Travel to Koh Chang by van+ferry joint ticket
From Ekkamai to Koh Chang by van+ferry joint ticket
From Khao San Boonsiri to Koh Chang by van+ferry joint ticket
From Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) to Trat (TDX) by flight
From Bangkok Hotel Transfer to Trat by taxi
From Bangkok Hotel Transfer to Koh Chang by taxi
Ekkamai to Thammachat Pier destination reviews
How to get from Ekkamai to Thammachat Pier
When you want to get from Ekkamai to Thammachat Pier, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Van+ferry ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 8,030. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 390.
How far is Ekkamai from Thammachat Pier?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Ekkamai to Thammachat Pier. Your trip will be a total of 249 miles (400 km). The flying distance is 160 miles (256 km).
How long does it take to get from Ekkamai to Thammachat Pier?
The travel time from Ekkamai to Thammachat Pier can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 8 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Ekkamai to Thammachat Pier?
The cost of the trip from Ekkamai to Thammachat Pier varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Triple T (ที ที ที (ทริปเปิล ที)): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 390 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as THB 8,030.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Ekkamai to Thammachat Pier:
- Bus tickets - THB 390 to THB 390;
- van+ferry price: THB 450 - THB 630. From Bangkok to Trat starting from 05:00 Ekkamai until 12:00 Ekkamai
- Van price : THB 850 - THB 850;
- Plane tickets - THB 2,247 to THB 5,126;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from THB 4,400 to THB 8,030.
How many trips per day are there between Ekkamai and Thammachat Pier?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Bangkok to Trat depart during the day - there are approximately 8 departures a day.
- 7 by van+ferry from Bangkok to Trat starting from 05:00 Ekkamai until 12:00 Ekkamai
- Buses start plying the route from 08:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 10:00. There are 2 available bus trips every day.
- Vans from Bangkok to Trat depart during the day - there are approximately 2 departures a day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Bangkok to Trat any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Bangkok to Trat. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 2,247.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Bangkok to Trat
Bangkok Air (บางกอกแอร์เวย์)
Taking a bus from Bangkok to Trat is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Bangkok to Trat. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as THB 4,400.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
A shared van is another means of transport for travelling from Bangkok to Trat. As far as travel time is concerned, it’s basically equal to a taxi ride, while price-wise it’s way more affordable. The majority of tourists book a van online in advance.
Sometimes, when trains or buses aren’t available, a van is your only way to get from Bangkok to Trat.
Things to remember: while travelling by van, you might not have as much space for luggage as you would on a train or a plane. It’s a good idea to pack only the most useful things for a van trip and put them in a backpack that will be easy to carry around.
The most popular transport from Ekkamai to Thammachat Pier
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Ekkamai to Thammachat Pier? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 82% chosen van+ferry
- 8% opted for a van.
- 6% users took a plane.
- 4% decided to go for a bus.
- 1% decided to catch a taxi.