From Hua Lamphong to Ubon Ratchathani by train
From Morchit to Ubon Ratchathani by bus
From Sombat Tour Viphavadee 13 to Ubon Ratchathani by bus
From Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani by flight
From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Ubon Ratchathani by flight
From Don Mueang to Ubon Ratchathani by train
Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani destination reviews
How to get from Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani
When you want to get from Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 3,142. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a train as a train ticket costs as low as THB 332.
How far is Don Mueang Airport from Ubon Ratchathani?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani. Your trip will be a total of 381 miles (613 km). The flying distance is 308 miles (495 km).
How long does it take to get from Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani?
The travel time from Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 13 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani?
The cost of the trip from Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Thai Railways (การรถไฟแห่งประเทศไทย): travelling by train expect to pay as low as THB 332 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as THB 3,142.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani:
- Train tickets - THB 332 to THB 1,770;
- Bus tickets - THB 462 to THB 705;
- Plane tickets - THB 890 to THB 3,142;
How many trips per day are there between Don Mueang Airport and Ubon Ratchathani?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani depart during the day - there are approximately 27 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 06:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 21:45. There are 19 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 11 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 890.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani
Nok Air (นกแอร์), Thai AirAsia (แอร์เอเชีย), Thai Airways, Thai Lion Air, Thai Smile (ไทยสมายล์)
Taking a bus from Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Don Mueang Airport to Ubon Ratchathani? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 730 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 166 decided to go for a bus.
- 104 users took a plane.