From Hua Lamphong to Surat Thani Train Station by train
From Hua Lamphong to Surat Thani Train Station by train+bus joint ticket
From Morchit to Surat Thani Bus Terminal by bus
From Hua Lamphong to Surat Thani Town by bus
From Hua Lamphong to Surat Thani by bus
From Sombat Tour Viphavadee 13 to Surat Thani Bus Terminal by bus
From Don Mueang Airport (DMK) to Surat Thani Airport (URT) by flight
How to get from Don Mueang Airport to Surat Thani
When you want to get from Don Mueang Airport to Surat Thani, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A train ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 1,829. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 502.
How far is Don Mueang Airport from Surat Thani?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Don Mueang Airport to Surat Thani. Your trip will be a total of 400 miles (642 km). The flying distance is 343 miles (551 km).
How long does it take to get from Don Mueang Airport to Surat Thani?
The travel time from Don Mueang Airport to Surat Thani can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 13 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Don Mueang Airport to Surat Thani?
The cost of the trip from Don Mueang Airport to Surat Thani varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Transport Co (บริษัท ขนส่ง จำกัด): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 502 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a train - a one-way train ticket can cost as much as THB 1,829.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Don Mueang Airport to Surat Thani:
- Bus tickets - THB 502 to THB 892;
- Train tickets - THB 738 to THB 1,829;
- Plane tickets - THB 882 to THB 1,631;
How many trips per day are there between Don Mueang Airport and Surat Thani?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Don Mueang Airport to Surat Thani depart during the day - there are approximately 16 departures a day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 16 trains per day.
- Buses start plying the route from 06:50 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:00. There are 9 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Don Mueang Airport to Surat Thani. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 882.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Don Mueang Airport to Surat Thani
Nok Air (นกแอร์), Thai AirAsia (แอร์เอเชีย), Thai Lion Air
Taking a bus from Don Mueang Airport to Surat Thani is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Don Mueang Airport to Surat Thani
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Don Mueang Airport to Surat Thani? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 93% users enjoyed a train ride.
- 8% users took a plane.