From Khao San Tara Travel to Mae Sot by Buses
From Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot by Flights
Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot destination reviews
How to get from Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot
When you want to get from Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 2,650. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 800.
How far is Don Mueang Airport from Mae Sot?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot. Your trip will be a total of 311 miles (500 km). The flying distance is 240 miles (386 km).
How long does it take to get from Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot?
The travel time from Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 10 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot?
The cost of the trip from Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Tara Tour and Travel (ธาราทัวร์แอนด์ทราเวล): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 800 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as THB 2,650.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot:
- Bus tickets - THB 800 to THB 800;
- Plane tickets - THB 2,450 to THB 2,650;
How many trips per day are there between Don Mueang Airport and Mae Sot?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot depart during the day - there are approximately 7 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 16:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 16:00. There are 1 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 2,450.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot
Nok Air (นกแอร์)
Taking a bus from Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Don Mueang Airport to Mae Sot? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 755 decided to go for a bus.
- 245 users took a plane.