From Hua Lamphong to Hat Yai by train
From Department of Land Transport to Hat Yai by bus
From Khao San Tara Travel to Hat Yai by bus
From Don Mueang Airport (DMK) to Hat Yai (HDY) by flight
Don Mueang Airport (DMK) to Hat Yai (HDY) destination reviews
How to get from Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai
When you want to get from Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Flight ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 2,418. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 701.
How far is Don Mueang Airport from Hat Yai?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai. Your trip will be a total of 621 miles (999 km). The flying distance is 478 miles (769 km).
How long does it take to get from Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai?
The travel time from Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 23 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai?
The cost of the trip from Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Transport Co (บริษัท ขนส่ง จำกัด): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 701 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as THB 2,418.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai:
- Bus tickets - THB 701 to THB 1,089;
- Train tickets - THB 835 to THB 2,044;
- Plane tickets - THB 1,045 to THB 2,418;
How many trips per day are there between Don Mueang Airport and Hat Yai?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai depart during the day - there are approximately 35 departures a day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 10 trains per day.
- Buses start plying the route from 06:45 - you can also take a bus as late as 17:20. There are 4 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 1,045.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai
Nok Air (นกแอร์), Thai AirAsia (แอร์เอเชีย), Thai Lion Air
Taking a bus from Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 82% users enjoyed a train ride.
- 17% users took a plane.
- 0% decided to go for a bus.