From Don Mueang Airport (DMK) to Chiang Mai (CNX) by flight
From Don Mueang to Chiang Mai by train
From Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai by taxi
From Hua Lamphong to Chiang Mai by train
From 12Go Makkasan Station to Chiang Mai by bus
From Mochit New Van Terminal to Chiang Mai by bus
From Morchit to Chiang Mai by bus
From 12GO office to Chiang Mai by bus
From 12Go Makkasan Station to Chiang Mai by van+train joint ticket
From Khao San Tara Travel to Chiang Mai by bus
From Sombat Tour Viphavadee 13 to Chiang Mai by bus
How to get from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai
When you want to get from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Van+train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 14,300. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 415.
How far is Don Mueang Airport from Chiang Mai?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai. Your trip will be a total of 416 miles (668 km). The flying distance is 357 miles (574 km).
How long does it take to get from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai?
The travel time from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 14 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai?
The cost of the trip from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Transport Co (บริษัท ขนส่ง จำกัด): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 415 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as THB 14,300.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai:
- Bus tickets - THB 415 to THB 988;
- Train tickets - THB 883 to THB 1,843;
- Plane tickets - THB 932 to THB 1,849;
- van+train price: THB 1,478 - THB 1,478. From Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai starting from 09:15 12Go Makkasan Station until 09:15 12Go Makkasan Station
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from THB 8,635 to THB 14,300.
How many trips per day are there between Don Mueang Airport and Chiang Mai?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai depart during the day - there are approximately 48 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 05:40 - you can also take a bus as late as 21:40. There are 22 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 5 trains per day.
- 2 by van+train from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai starting from 09:15 12Go Makkasan Station until 09:15 12Go Makkasan Station
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 932.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai
Nok Air (นกแอร์), Thai AirAsia (แอร์เอเชีย), Thai Lion Air
Taking a bus from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as THB 8,635.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 60% users enjoyed a train ride.
- 33% chosen van+train
- 5% users took a plane.
- 2% decided to go for a bus.