How to get from Dharamshala to Amritsar
When you want to get from Dharamshala to Amritsar, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Bus. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A Bus ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about INR 797. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as INR 359.
How far is Dharamshala from Amritsar?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Dharamshala to Amritsar. Your trip will be a total of 171 miles (275 km). The flying distance is 108 miles (173 km).
How long does it take to get from Dharamshala to Amritsar?
The travel time from Dharamshala to Amritsar can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 4 to 6 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Dharamshala to Amritsar?
The cost of the trip from Dharamshala to Amritsar varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is HRTC: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as INR 359 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a Bus - a one-way Bus ticket can cost as much as INR 797.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Dharamshala to Amritsar:
- Bus tickets - INR 359 to INR 797;
How many trips per day are there between Dharamshala and Amritsar?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 03:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 06:30. There are 3 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Himachal Pradesh to Amritsar is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Dharamshala to Amritsar
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Dharamshala to Amritsar? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 1000 decided to go for a bus.