Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh destination reviews
How to get from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh
When you want to get from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about VND 6,600,005. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as VND 261,002.
How far is Da Lat from Ho Chi Minh?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh. Your trip will be a total of 249 miles (400 km). The flying distance is 148 miles (237 km).
How long does it take to get from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh?
The travel time from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 8 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh?
The cost of the trip from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is The SinhTourist (The SinhTourist): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as VND 261,002 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as VND 6,600,005.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh:
- Bus tickets - VND 261,002 to VND 480,000;
- Plane tickets - VND 486,961 to VND 4,361,251;
- charter+bus price: VND 490,003 - VND 490,003. From Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh starting from 22:00 Da Lat City Center until 23:00 Da Lat City Center
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from VND 4,400,008 to VND 6,600,005.
How many trips per day are there between Da Lat and Ho Chi Minh?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 00:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:00. There are 74 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh depart during the day - there are approximately 28 departures a day.
- 2 by charter+bus from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh starting from 22:00 Da Lat City Center until 23:00 Da Lat City Center
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is VND 486,961.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh
Jetstar Pacific (แปซิฟิค แิอร์ไลน์), VietJet Air, Vietnam Airlines (เวียดนาม แิอร์ไลน์)
Taking a bus from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as VND 4,400,008.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
The most popular transport from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 974 chosen charter+bus
- 14 users took a plane.
- 7 decided to go for a bus.
- 5 decided to catch a taxi.