Christchurch to Wellington
Transport types between Christchurch and Wellington
- Flights are not avaliable
- Trains are not avaliable
- Buses are not avaliable
- Ferries are not avaliable
- Taxis are not avaliable
- Vans are not avaliable
How to get from Christchurch to Wellington
When you want to get from Christchurch to Wellington, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Train+ferry. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train+ferry ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A train+ferry ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about USD 147.96. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a train+ferry as a train+ferry ticket costs as low as USD 147.96.
How far is Christchurch from Wellington?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Christchurch to Wellington. Your trip will be a total of 304 miles (488 km). The flying distance is 214 miles (344 km).
How long does it take to get from Christchurch to Wellington?
The travel time from Christchurch to Wellington can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 10 to 10 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Christchurch to Wellington?
The cost of the trip from Christchurch to Wellington varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Interislander (Interislander), New Zealand Rail (New Zealand Rail): travelling by train+ferry expect to pay as low as USD 147.96 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a train+ferry - a one-way train+ferry ticket can cost as much as USD 147.96.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Christchurch to Wellington:
- train+ferry price: USD 147.95 - USD 147.95. From Christchurch to Wellington starting from 07:00 Christchurch until 07:00 Christchurch
- Plane tickets - USD 113,930.93 to USD 113,930.93;
How many trips per day are there between Christchurch and Wellington?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Christchurch to Wellington depart during the day - there are approximately 26 departures a day.
- 2 by train+ferry from Christchurch to Wellington starting from 07:00 Christchurch until 07:00 Christchurch
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Christchurch to Wellington. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is USD 113,930.93.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Christchurch to Wellington
Air New Zealand, Jetstar Airways
The most popular transport from Christchurch to Wellington
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Christchurch to Wellington? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 10% users took a plane.
- 10% chosen train+ferry