From Chiang Rai Airport to Phuket by flight
Chiang Rai to Phuket destination reviews
How to get from Chiang Rai to Phuket
When you want to get from Chiang Rai to Phuket, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A Bus ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 1,962. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a flight as a flight ticket costs as low as THB 1,169.
How far is Chiang Rai from Phuket?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Chiang Rai to Phuket. Your trip will be a total of 798 miles (1283 km). The flying distance is 844 miles (1357 km).
How long does it take to get from Chiang Rai to Phuket?
The travel time from Chiang Rai to Phuket can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 3 to 26 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Chiang Rai to Phuket?
The cost of the trip from Chiang Rai to Phuket varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Thai Vietjet: travelling by flight expect to pay as low as THB 1,169 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a Bus - a one-way Bus ticket can cost as much as THB 1,962.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Chiang Rai to Phuket:
- Plane tickets - THB 1,169 to THB 1,169;
- Bus tickets - THB 1,382 to THB 1,962;
How many trips per day are there between Chiang Rai and Phuket?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 15:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 19:00. There are 2 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Chiang Rai to Phuket depart during the day - there are approximately 1 departures a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Chiang Rai to Phuket. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 1,169.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Chiang Rai to Phuket
Taking a bus from Chiang Rai to Phuket is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Chiang Rai to Phuket
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Chiang Rai to Phuket? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 993 decided to go for a bus.
- 7 users took a plane.