From Bus Terminal 2 Chiang Rai to Bangkok by bus
From Sombat Tour Chiang Rai to Bangkok by bus
From Chiang Rai Airport (CEI) to Bangkok (BKK) by flight
From Chiang Rai Airport (CEI) to Don Mueang Airport (BKK) by flight
From Chiang Saen to Bangkok by bus
From Mae Chan Truck Stop to Bangkok by bus
From Chiang Rai Town to Suvarnabhumi Airport by taxi
From Chiang Rai Town to Don Mueang Airport by taxi
How to get from Chiang Rai to Bangkok
When you want to get from Chiang Rai to Bangkok, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 13,415. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 646.
How far is Chiang Rai from Bangkok?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Chiang Rai to Bangkok. Your trip will be a total of 475 miles (763 km). The flying distance is 439 miles (705 km).
How long does it take to get from Chiang Rai to Bangkok?
The travel time from Chiang Rai to Bangkok can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 16 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Chiang Rai to Bangkok?
The cost of the trip from Chiang Rai to Bangkok varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Bangkok Busline (บางกอกบัสไลน์): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 646 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as THB 13,415.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Chiang Rai to Bangkok:
- Bus tickets - THB 646 to THB 1,247;
- Plane tickets - THB 993 to THB 4,514;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from THB 11,550 to THB 13,415.
How many trips per day are there between Chiang Rai and Bangkok?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Chiang Rai to Bangkok depart during the day - there are approximately 42 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 16:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 19:00. There are 10 available bus trips every day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Chiang Rai to Bangkok any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Chiang Rai to Bangkok. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 993.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Chiang Rai to Bangkok
Bangkok Air (บางกอกแอร์เวย์), Nok Air (นกแอร์), Thai AirAsia (แอร์เอเชีย), Thai Airways, Thai Lion Air, Thai Smile (ไทยสมายล์), Thai Vietjet
Taking a bus from Chiang Rai to Bangkok is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Chiang Rai to Bangkok. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as THB 11,550.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
The most popular transport from Chiang Rai to Bangkok
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Chiang Rai to Bangkok? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 63% decided to go for a bus.
- 37% users took a plane.