From Chiang Mai to Surat Thani Train Station by train+train joint ticket
How to get from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani
When you want to get from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 3,972. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a train as a train ticket costs as low as THB 1,178.
How far is Chiang Mai from Surat Thani?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani. Your trip will be a total of 770 miles (1238 km). The flying distance is 674 miles (1084 km).
How long does it take to get from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani?
The travel time from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 25 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani?
The cost of the trip from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Thai Railways (การรถไฟแห่งประเทศไทย): travelling by train expect to pay as low as THB 1,178 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as THB 3,972.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani:
- train price: THB 1,178 - THB 2,176. From Chiang Mai to Surat Thani starting from 18:00 Chiang Mai until 18:00 Chiang Mai
- Plane tickets - THB 3,972 to THB 3,972;
How many trips per day are there between Chiang Mai and Surat Thani?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- 4 by train from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani starting from 18:00 Chiang Mai until 18:00 Chiang Mai
- Flights from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani depart during the day - there are approximately 1 departures a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 3,972.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani
Thai AirAsia (แอร์เอเชีย)
The most popular transport from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Chiang Mai to Surat Thani? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 95% chosen train
- 5% users took a plane.