From Chiang Mai Bus Terminal 3 to Phuket by bus
From Chiang Mai Airport (CNX) to Phuket (HKT) by flight
How to get from Chiang Mai to Phuket
When you want to get from Chiang Mai to Phuket, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 6,568. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 1,866.
How far is Chiang Mai from Phuket?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Chiang Mai to Phuket. Your trip will be a total of 751 miles (1208 km). The flying distance is 756 miles (1215 km).
How long does it take to get from Chiang Mai to Phuket?
The travel time from Chiang Mai to Phuket can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 25 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Chiang Mai to Phuket?
The cost of the trip from Chiang Mai to Phuket varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is GreenBus (กรีนบัส (รถเขียว)): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 1,866 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as THB 6,568.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Chiang Mai to Phuket:
- Bus tickets - THB 1,866 to THB 1,866;
- Plane tickets - THB 3,355 to THB 6,568;
How many trips per day are there between Chiang Mai and Phuket?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Chiang Mai to Phuket depart during the day - there are approximately 6 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 12:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 12:30. There are 1 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Chiang Mai to Phuket. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 3,355.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Chiang Mai to Phuket
Bangkok Air (บางกอกแอร์เวย์), Thai AirAsia (แอร์เอเชีย), Thai Smile (ไทยสมายล์)
Taking a bus from Chiang Mai to Phuket is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Chiang Mai to Phuket
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Chiang Mai to Phuket? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 83% users took a plane.
- 18% decided to go for a bus.