From Chiang Mai Arcade 2 to Mae Hong Son by bus
From Chiang Mai Airport (CNX) to Mae Hong Son (HGN) by flight
From Chiang Mai Airport to Mae Hong Son by taxi
From Chiang Mai City Transfer to Mae Hong Son by taxi
From Chiang Mai town hotel transfer to Mae Hong Son by taxi
How to get from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son
When you want to get from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Taxi ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 6,985. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 300.
How far is Chiang Mai from Mae Hong Son?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son. Your trip will be a total of 152 miles (244 km). The flying distance is 85 miles (136 km).
How long does it take to get from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son?
The travel time from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 7 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son?
The cost of the trip from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Prem Pracha (เปรมประชาขนส่ง): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 300 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as THB 6,985.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son:
- Bus tickets - THB 300 to THB 300;
- Plane tickets - THB 2,033 to THB 2,238;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from THB 6,380 to THB 6,985.
How many trips per day are there between Chiang Mai and Mae Hong Son?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 06:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 14:30. There are 9 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son depart during the day - there are approximately 3 departures a day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 2,033.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son
Bangkok Air (บางกอกแอร์เวย์)
Taking a bus from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as THB 6,380.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
The most popular transport from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 88% decided to go for a bus.
- 12% users took a plane.