From Chennai Central to Coimbatore by Trains
From Chennai Egmore to Coimbatore by Trains
From Chennai to Coimbatore by Buses
Transport types between Chennai and Coimbatore
How to get from Chennai to Coimbatore
When you want to get from Chennai to Coimbatore, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about INR 26,845. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as INR 606.
How far is Chennai from Coimbatore?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Chennai to Coimbatore. Your trip will be a total of 13635 miles (21938 km). The flying distance is 264 miles (424 km).
How long does it take to get from Chennai to Coimbatore?
The travel time from Chennai to Coimbatore can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 439 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Chennai to Coimbatore?
The cost of the trip from Chennai to Coimbatore varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is National Travels CHN: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as INR 606 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as INR 26,845.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Chennai to Coimbatore:
- Bus tickets - INR 606 to INR 1,907;
- Train tickets - INR 608 to INR 2,404;
- Plane tickets - INR 2,965 to INR 5,945;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from INR 21,351 to INR 26,845.
How many trips per day are there between Chennai and Coimbatore?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 06:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:45. There are 49 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 28 trains per day.
- Flights from Chennai to Coimbatore depart during the day - there are approximately 25 departures a day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Chennai to Coimbatore any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Chennai to Coimbatore. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is INR 2,965.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Chennai to Coimbatore
Air India (Air India), IndiGo (IndiGo), Jet Airways (Jet Airways), SpiceJet (SpiceJet)
Taking a bus from Chennai to Coimbatore is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Chennai to Coimbatore. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as INR 21,351.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Chennai to Coimbatore
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Chennai to Coimbatore? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 1000 users enjoyed a train ride.