From Babinda to Townsville by bus
From Cairns Bus Stop to Townsville by bus
From Gordonvale to Townsville by bus
From Cairns Airport (CNS) to Townsville (TSV) by flight
Cairns to Townsville destination reviews
How to get from Cairns to Townsville
When you want to get from Cairns to Townsville, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Flight ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about AUD 1,018.71. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as AUD 57.00.
How far is Cairns from Townsville?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Cairns to Townsville. Your trip will be a total of 211 miles (339 km). The flying distance is 163 miles (261 km).
How long does it take to get from Cairns to Townsville?
The travel time from Cairns to Townsville can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 20 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Cairns to Townsville?
The cost of the trip from Cairns to Townsville varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Greyhound Australia: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as AUD 57.00 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as AUD 1,018.71.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Cairns to Townsville:
- Bus tickets - AUD 57.00 to AUD 66.00;
- Plane tickets - AUD 155.00 to AUD 1,019.00;
How many trips per day are there between Cairns and Townsville?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Cairns to Townsville depart during the day - there are approximately 6 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 08:15 - you can also take a bus as late as 14:25. There are 6 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Cairns to Townsville. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is AUD 155.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Cairns to Townsville
Jetstar Airways, Qantas Airways, Regional Express
Taking a bus from Cairns to Townsville is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Cairns to Townsville
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Cairns to Townsville? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 100% decided to go for a bus.