From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Vientiane by flight
From Don Mueang Airport to Vientiane by flight
From Khao San Tara Travel to Vientiane by bus
From Morchit to Nong Khai by bus
From Morchit to Vientiane by bus
From Hua Lamphong to Vientiane by train+train+van joint ticket
Bangkok to Vientiane Airport destination reviews
How to get from Bangkok to Vientiane Airport
When you want to get from Bangkok to Vientiane Airport, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 14,306. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 1,070.
How far is Bangkok from Vientiane Airport?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Bangkok to Vientiane Airport. Your trip will be a total of 411 miles (660 km). The flying distance is 324 miles (520 km).
How long does it take to get from Bangkok to Vientiane Airport?
The travel time from Bangkok to Vientiane Airport can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 19 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Bangkok to Vientiane Airport?
The cost of the trip from Bangkok to Vientiane Airport varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Transport Co LA (Transport Co LA): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 1,070 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as THB 14,306.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Bangkok to Vientiane Airport:
- Bus tickets - THB 1,070 to THB 1,100;
- train+van price: THB 1,598 - THB 2,157. From Bangkok to Vientiane starting from 20:00 Hua Lamphong until 20:00 Hua Lamphong
- Plane tickets - THB 2,360 to THB 7,283;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from THB 13,316 to THB 14,306.
How many trips per day are there between Bangkok and Vientiane Airport?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Bangkok to Vientiane depart during the day - there are approximately 11 departures a day.
- 4 by train+van from Bangkok to Vientiane starting from 20:00 Hua Lamphong until 20:00 Hua Lamphong
- Buses start plying the route from 16:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 20:00. There are 2 available bus trips every day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Bangkok to Vientiane any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Bangkok to Vientiane. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 2,360.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Bangkok to Vientiane
Bangkok Air (บางกอกแอร์เวย์), Thai AirAsia (แอร์เอเชีย), Thai Airways, Thai Smile (ไทยสมายล์)
Taking a bus from Bangkok to Vientiane is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Bangkok to Vientiane. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as THB 13,316.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
The most popular transport from Bangkok to Vientiane Airport
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Bangkok to Vientiane Airport? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 889 chosen train+van
- 97 decided to go for a bus.
- 14 users took a plane.