From Hua Lamphong to Udon Thani by Trains
From Don Mueang to Udon Thani by Trains
From Morchit to Udon Thani by Buses
From Bangkok Hotel Transfer to Udon Thani by Taxis
From Don Mueang Airport to Udon Thani by Flights
From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Udon Thani by Flights
Bangkok to Udon Thani destination reviews
How to get from Bangkok to Udon Thani
When you want to get from Bangkok to Udon Thani, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 9,450. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 468.
How far is Bangkok from Udon Thani?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Bangkok to Udon Thani. Your trip will be a total of 342 miles (550 km). The flying distance is 296 miles (475 km).
How long does it take to get from Bangkok to Udon Thani?
The travel time from Bangkok to Udon Thani can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 11 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Bangkok to Udon Thani?
The cost of the trip from Bangkok to Udon Thani varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Air Udon (แอร์อุดร): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 468 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as THB 9,450.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Bangkok to Udon Thani:
- Bus tickets - THB 468 to THB 602;
- Train tickets - THB 729 to THB 1,767;
- Plane tickets - THB 888 to THB 3,753;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from THB 9,450 to THB 9,450.
How many trips per day are there between Bangkok and Udon Thani?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Bangkok to Udonthani depart during the day - there are approximately 34 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 07:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 21:30. There are 12 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 5 trains per day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Bangkok to Udonthani any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Bangkok to Udonthani. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 888.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Bangkok to Udonthani
Nok Air (นกแอร์), Thai AirAsia (แอร์เอเชีย), Thai Airways, Thai Lion Air, Thai Smile (ไทยสมายล์)
Taking a bus from Bangkok to Udonthani is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Bangkok to Udonthani. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as THB 9,450.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Bangkok to Udon Thani
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Bangkok to Udon Thani? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 944 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 32 decided to go for a bus.
- 24 users took a plane.