From Khaosan Rd Travel Mart to Sihanoukville by bus+van joint ticket
From Southern Terminal to Sihanoukville by bus+bus+ferry joint ticket
From Don Mueang Airport to Sihanoukville by flight
Bangkok to Sihanoukville destination reviews
How to get from Bangkok to Sihanoukville
When you want to get from Bangkok to Sihanoukville, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus+ferry ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 10,650. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus+van as a bus+van ticket costs as low as THB 1,500.
How far is Bangkok from Sihanoukville?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Bangkok to Sihanoukville. Your trip will be a total of 403 miles (647 km). The flying distance is 297 miles (477 km).
How long does it take to get from Bangkok to Sihanoukville?
The travel time from Bangkok to Sihanoukville can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 6 to 30 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Bangkok to Sihanoukville?
The cost of the trip from Bangkok to Sihanoukville varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Travel Mart (ทราเวลมาร์ท): travelling by bus+van expect to pay as low as THB 1,500 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as THB 10,650.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Bangkok to Sihanoukville:
- bus+van price: THB 1,500 - THB 1,500. From Bangkok to Sihanoukville starting from 00:10 Khaosan Rd Travel Mart until 00:10 Khaosan Rd Travel Mart
- bus+ferry price: THB 1,796 - THB 1,796. From Bangkok to Sihanoukville starting from 16:30 Southern Terminal until 16:30 Southern Terminal
- Plane tickets - THB 5,873 to THB 5,980;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from THB 9,623 to THB 10,650.
How many trips per day are there between Bangkok and Sihanoukville?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Bangkok to Sihanoukville depart during the day - there are approximately 6 departures a day.
- 3 by bus+ferry from Bangkok to Sihanoukville starting from 16:30 Southern Terminal until 16:30 Southern Terminal
- 1 by bus+van from Bangkok to Sihanoukville starting from 00:10 Khaosan Rd Travel Mart until 00:10 Khaosan Rd Travel Mart
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Bangkok to Sihanoukville any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Bangkok to Sihanoukville. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 5,873.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Bangkok to Sihanoukville
AirAsia (AirAsia), Thai AirAsia (แอร์เอเชีย)
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Bangkok to Sihanoukville. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as THB 9,623.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
The most popular transport from Bangkok to Sihanoukville
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Bangkok to Sihanoukville? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 975 chosen bus+ferry
- 23 chosen bus+van
- 2 users took a plane.