Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon by bus, flight
From Department of Land Transport to Sakon Nakhon by bus
From Morchit to Sakon Nakhon by bus
Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon destination reviews
How to get from Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon
When you want to get from Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 1,378. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 476.
How far is Bangkok from Sakon Nakhon?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon. Your trip will be a total of 406 miles (652 km). The flying distance is 340 miles (547 km).
How long does it take to get from Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon?
The travel time from Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 12 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon?
The cost of the trip from Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Transport Co (บริษัท ขนส่ง จำกัด): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 476 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as THB 1,378.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon:
- Bus tickets - THB 476 to THB 911;
- Plane tickets - THB 1,378 to THB 1,378;
How many trips per day are there between Bangkok and Sakon Nakhon?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 09:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 20:30. There are 7 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon depart during the day - there are approximately 1 departures a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 1,378.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon
Thai AirAsia (แอร์เอเชีย)
Taking a bus from Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Bangkok to Sakon Nakhon? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 562 decided to go for a bus.
- 438 users took a plane.