Bangkok to Phatthalung
From Southern Terminal to Phatthalung by bus
How to get from Bangkok to Phatthalung
When you want to get from Bangkok to Phatthalung, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Bus. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A train ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 1,328. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 688.
How far is Bangkok from Phatthalung?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Bangkok to Phatthalung. Your trip will be a total of 533 miles (857 km). The flying distance is 426 miles (684 km).
How long does it take to get from Bangkok to Phatthalung?
The travel time from Bangkok to Phatthalung can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 11 to 17 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Bangkok to Phatthalung?
The cost of the trip from Bangkok to Phatthalung varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Siam Lane Tour (สยามเดินรถ): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 688 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a train - a one-way train ticket can cost as much as THB 1,328.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Bangkok to Phatthalung:
- Bus tickets - THB 688 to THB 1,062;
- Train tickets - THB 1,008 to THB 1,328;
How many trips per day are there between Bangkok and Phatthalung?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 06:50 - you can also take a bus as late as 20:30. There are 16 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 4 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Bangkok to Phatthalung is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Bangkok to Phatthalung
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Bangkok to Phatthalung? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 986 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 14 decided to go for a bus.