From Sombat Tour Viphavadee 13 to Mae Hong Son by bus
From Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) to Mae Hong Son (HGN) by flight
How to get from Bangkok to Mae Hong Son
When you want to get from Bangkok to Mae Hong Son, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Flight ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A Bus ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 1,361. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 1,361.
How far is Bangkok from Mae Hong Son?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Bangkok to Mae Hong Son. Your trip will be a total of 554 miles (890 km). The flying distance is 424 miles (681 km).
How long does it take to get from Bangkok to Mae Hong Son?
The travel time from Bangkok to Mae Hong Son can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 4 to 17 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Bangkok to Mae Hong Son?
The cost of the trip from Bangkok to Mae Hong Son varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Sombat Tour (บริษัท เทพสมบัติ จำกัด): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 1,361 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a Bus - a one-way Bus ticket can cost as much as THB 1,361.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Bangkok to Mae Hong Son:
- Bus tickets - THB 1,361 to THB 1,361;
- Plane tickets - THB 42,949,672 to THB 0;
How many trips per day are there between Bangkok and Mae Hong Son?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Bangkok to Mae Hong Son depart during the day - there are approximately 6 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 17:29 - you can also take a bus as late as 17:29. There are 1 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Bangkok to Mae Hong Son. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 42,949,672.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Bangkok to Mae Hong Son
Thai Airways, Thai Smile (ไทยสมายล์)
Taking a bus from Bangkok to Mae Hong Son is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Bangkok to Mae Hong Son
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Bangkok to Mae Hong Son? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 100% decided to go for a bus.