Bangkok to Lampang
From Hua Lamphong to Lampang by train
From Department of Land Transport to Lampang by bus
From Morchit to Lampang by bus
From Sombat Tour Viphavadee 13 to Lampang by bus
From Don Mueang Airport to Lampang by flight
From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Lampang by flight
From Don Mueang to Lampang by train
Bangkok to Lampang destination reviews
How to get from Bangkok to Lampang
When you want to get from Bangkok to Lampang, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 2,268. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 460.
How far is Bangkok from Lampang?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Bangkok to Lampang. Your trip will be a total of 379 miles (609 km). The flying distance is 322 miles (517 km).
How long does it take to get from Bangkok to Lampang?
The travel time from Bangkok to Lampang can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 12 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Bangkok to Lampang?
The cost of the trip from Bangkok to Lampang varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Transport Co (บริษัท ขนส่ง จำกัด): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 460 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as THB 2,268.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Bangkok to Lampang:
- Bus tickets - THB 460 to THB 818;
- Train tickets - THB 854 to THB 1,553;
- Plane tickets - THB 1,470 to THB 2,268;
How many trips per day are there between Bangkok and Lampang?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Bangkok to Lampang depart during the day - there are approximately 8 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 08:45 - you can also take a bus as late as 21:00. There are 5 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 4 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Bangkok to Lampang. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 1,470.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Bangkok to Lampang
Bangkok Air (บางกอกแอร์เวย์), Nok Air (นกแอร์)
Taking a bus from Bangkok to Lampang is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Bangkok to Lampang
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Bangkok to Lampang? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 998 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 2 decided to go for a bus.