From Husein Sastranegara Airport to North Sumatra by flight
How to get from Bandung to Medan
When you want to get from Bandung to Medan, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about IDR 1,382,267. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as IDR 659,999.
How far is Bandung from Medan?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Bandung to Medan. Your trip will be a total of 1015 miles (1633 km). The flying distance is 955 miles (1536 km).
How long does it take to get from Bandung to Medan?
The travel time from Bandung to Medan can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 3 to 33 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Bandung to Medan?
The cost of the trip from Bandung to Medan varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is CV Pelangi: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as IDR 659,999 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as IDR 1,382,267.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Bandung to Medan:
- Bus tickets - IDR 659,999 to IDR 659,999;
- Plane tickets - IDR 1,382,267 to IDR 1,382,267;
How many trips per day are there between Bandung and Medan?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Bandung to Medan depart during the day - there are approximately 3 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 14:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 14:00. There are 1 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Bandung to Medan. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is IDR 1,382,267.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Bandung to Medan
Taking a bus from Bandung to Medan is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Bandung to Medan
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Bandung to Medan? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 1000 decided to go for a bus.