From Bagan to Yangon by train
From Nyaung U Airport to Yangon by flight+flight joint ticket
From Nyaung U Airport to Yangon by flight
Bagan to Yangon Central destination reviews
How to get from Bagan to Yangon Central
When you want to get from Bagan to Yangon Central, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MMK 308,563. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a taxi+bus as a taxi+bus ticket costs as low as MMK 20,265.
How far is Bagan from Yangon Central?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Bagan to Yangon Central. Your trip will be a total of 544 miles (875 km). The flying distance is 316 miles (508 km).
How long does it take to get from Bagan to Yangon Central?
The travel time from Bagan to Yangon Central can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 18 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Bagan to Yangon Central?
The cost of the trip from Bagan to Yangon Central varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Bagan Min Tha: travelling by taxi+bus expect to pay as low as MMK 20,265 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as MMK 308,563.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Bagan to Yangon Central:
- charter+bus price: MMK 20,265 - MMK 34,949. From Bagan to Yangon starting from 08:00 Bagan Shwe Pyi until 21:00 Bagan Shwe Pyi
- Bus tickets - MMK 27,591 to MMK 34,949;
- Train tickets - MMK 29,431 to MMK 38,628;
- Plane tickets - MMK 149,832 to MMK 308,563;
How many trips per day are there between Bagan and Yangon Central?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Bagan to Yangon depart during the day - there are approximately 11 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 07:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 21:00. There are 4 available bus trips every day.
- 4 by charter+bus from Bagan to Yangon starting from 08:00 Bagan Shwe Pyi until 21:00 Bagan Shwe Pyi
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 2 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Bagan to Yangon. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is MMK 149,832.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Bagan to Yangon
Air KBZ, Myanmar National Airlines
Taking a bus from Bagan to Yangon is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Bagan to Yangon Central
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Bagan to Yangon Central? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 982 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 8 decided to go for a bus.
- 6 users took a plane.
- 4 chosen charter+bus