Bagan to Kalaw
From Bagan Shwe Pyi to Kalaw by Vans
From Bagan Shwe Pyi to Kalaw by Buses
From Nyaung U Airport to Kalaw by Flights
Transportation from Bagan to Kalaw
Bagan to Kalaw destination reviews
How to get from Bagan to Kalaw
When you want to get from Bagan to Kalaw, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about USD 91.30. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a van as a van ticket costs as low as USD 13.00.
How far is Bagan from Kalaw?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Bagan to Kalaw. Your trip will be a total of 234 miles (375 km). The flying distance is 121 miles (194 km).
How long does it take to get from Bagan to Kalaw?
The travel time from Bagan to Kalaw can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 8 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Bagan to Kalaw?
The cost of the trip from Bagan to Kalaw varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Bagan Min Tha: travelling by van expect to pay as low as USD 13.00 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as USD 91.30.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Bagan to Kalaw:
- Van price : USD 13.00 - USD 13.00;
- Bus tickets - USD 16.00 to USD 19.00;
- Plane tickets - USD 75.18 to USD 91.30;
How many trips per day are there between Bagan and Kalaw?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Bagan to Kalaw depart during the day - there are approximately 4 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 09:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 20:30. There are 2 available bus trips every day.
- Vans from Bagan to Kalaw depart during the day - there are approximately 1 departures a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Bagan to Kalaw. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is USD 75.18.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Bagan to Kalaw
Air KBZ, Air Thanlwin, Myanmar National Airlines
Taking a bus from Bagan to Kalaw is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
A shared van is another means of transport for traveling from Bagan to Kalaw. As far as travel time is concerned, it’s basically equal to a taxi ride, while price-wise it’s way more affordable. The majority of tourists book a van online in advance.
Sometimes, when trains or buses aren’t available, a van is your only way to get from Bagan to Kalaw.
Things to remember: while traveling by van, you might not have as much space for luggage as you would on a train or a plane. It’s a good idea to pack only the most useful things for a van trip and put them in a backpack that will be easy to carry around.
The most popular transport from Bagan to Kalaw
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Bagan to Kalaw? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 86% users took a plane.
- 14% decided to go for a bus.