You have applied 1 search filter
Transport types between Surat Thani and Koh Tao
- Flights are not avaliable
- Trains are not avaliable
- Buses are not avaliable
- Ferries are not avaliable
- Taxis are not avaliable
- Vans are not avaliable
Surat Thani to Koh Tao destination reviews
How to get from Surat Thani to Koh Tao by Ferry
Travelling between Surat Thani and Koh Tao on a ferry is quite convenient. A ferry journey gives you a chance to experience some beautiful scenery while moving from Surat Thani to Koh Tao. To find the most scenic and comfortable trips within your price range, make sure you book in advance.
How far is it Surat Thani from Koh Tao?
The distance between Surat Thani and Koh Tao by ferry is 71 miles (113 kilometers). The ferry trip may not cover the shortest route between these two points but it makes for a very memorable travel experience.
How long does it take to get from Surat Thani to Koh Tao by Ferry?
Based on the distance and the average speed of the boat, it normally takes around 3h 45m to get from Surat Thani to Koh Tao. Keep in mind, however, that travel time will heavily depend on weather conditions and the type of the vessel..
How much does it cost to get from Surat Thani to Koh Tao?
As it is considered to be a premium way of transportation for many tourists, a ferry ticket from Surat Thani to Koh Tao comes at a price – expect to shell out from USD 25.36 up.
If you’re traveling with a child under 14 y.o., most boat companies provide discounts for a ferry ticket.
Best companies for this route
When choosing a boat company from the Surat Thani to Koh Tao timetable, make sure you consider the following:
- Read the reviews. You can find feedback from seasoned travellers who took a ferry from Surat Thani to Koh Tao and are willing to share their experience.
- If you’re traveling with kids, it makes sense to look for a kid-friendly company that offers discounts for children.
- Take into account the distance between the port and the place you’re staying. Use Google Maps to ensure you can get to the port on time. If the hotel you chose and the port are far away, it’s wiser to avoid early morning departures.
- During high season, many boat companies add extra departures to their usual schedule. They can be found on our website.